Saturday, July 09, 2005


KFC. That's all I gotta say...man I'm stuffed up to my eyeballs!!! Do you ever get the feeling, I'm sure most of us have. When you crave for something to eat for like the whole friggin' day? That happened to me today. All day at work, all I can think about was the Colonel's Original Recipe.

I gotta tell ya, the best part of eating KFC is the very first few bites!!!! I'm talkin' bout your first 2 to 3 pieces of very meaty thighs...hmmm...hmmm!!! Oh yeah!!! I'm not really a big fan of drumsticks!!!

But I can usually finish about 3 sometimes 4 pieces of chicken mostly thighs though!!!

I do love their coleslaw, and of course their gravy but man they gots to lower the prices on them suckas!!! I bet that's where they make all the profit, its through their side orders. Potato wedges, corn, etc. But hey the Colonel's gotta make money somehow, I mean he did steal the secret recipe from the slaves back in the days. I've read this from a reliable online source.

That's understandable, I mean how could a guy that look like this.....


come up with such delicious tasting recipe? I mean really?

When you think about that's messed up. It was bad enough the slaves were considered commodities, and to have this guy steal your recipe and make money off of it? That's adding insult to injury!!! I usually think about this for a moment, but once I bite unto a KFC original recipe chicken thighs, everything bad said about the Colonel quickly fizzles away, and instead I always end up thanking the Colonel for stealing this magnificent recipe from the slaves, and sharing it to all of us Americans, citizens of the land of the free, and home of the brave!!!

Anyhow, my big brother Kris and I, always eat KFC with a hot steaming plate of steamed milagrosa long grain white rice!!! Doesn't that just sound soooo appetizing??? Indeed!!! And guess what we had to drink after the KFC meal? Well...besides H20....we had STARBUCKS Coffee!!
Yes indeedy!!! Kris and I, always get "TWO VENTI DRIPS ROOM FOR CREAM PLEASE!!!" and almost all the time, even though we stated to the Starbucks clerk that we wanted 'room for cream we still always have to dump a spoonful of coffee into their trashcans. What a waste!! Why? because their meaning of 'room for cream' is no room for cream. Period.

[F.Y.I] That is not me on the pic, just a random SB pic I googled!!!

But nowadays I try to avoid dumping spoonfuls of coffee because let's face it, Starbucks coffee ain't cheap!!!Oh no sister...every single day in the morning I spend an average of about $2.30! Price of a regular venti(x-large) is $1.80 + .50 refill, that's $16.10 per week, and $64.40 a month!!!

Just to humor ourselves within a year that's 12 months, that is a grand total of $772.80!!!! WOW!!! That is a considerable amount of money for coffee in a year, Starbucks or not!!! So since it's early July 2005, I figured I'd finally begin honoring my New Year's resolution and that is to save money. So from now on I will budget everything that I spend my money on. I gotta make it a habit no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Yeah right, we'll see how long this lasts!!!

Disclaimer: No KFC and Starbucks employees were harmed at the writing of this blog, and if for any reason my calculations are off, please refrain from the hate mail, and instead send me 'suggestive' mails to correct my mistakes.

Okay? I am typing this at 2:51 in the morning people!!! By the way, did you know that a regular 'Tall drip at Starbucks in Japan particularly in Tokyo, cost 1,346 Yen, that's $12.00 American Dollars?

Ouch!!! ja.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home